Hey there! It's your Nashville coordinator, Michaela here!
Recently, I took a vacation to San Diego, CA to visit one of the best, Mary Caroline! On my plane ride there I decided to watch Father of the Bride, since I had never seen it before. (I know, what kind of coordinator am I?!) While watching it, I was blown away with how accurate and inaccurate this movie portrays coordinators! So, I am here to unveil the lies and the truths!
Mary and I enjoying San Diego, CA! Isn't this succulent wall cool? Pigment is pretty cool.
Also, if you're an avid Father of the Bride fan, know I LOVED it and I totally recommend it!
Lie: The Coordinator, The Dictator
- So, Franck the coordinator, takes care of contacting and choosing the florals, the style, all of the rentals, and more in the movie. This is not always the case. Different coordinators offer different handling on all of the vendors. However, Laurel Avenue doesn't choose these vendors, we discuss with you what you are looking for in these vendors and give you our suggestions of people we know, trust, and love!
Truth: Money, Money, Money
- Franck is very honest with the family about how much things will cost at the magnitude and elegance that they want. As coordinators, we are very honest with what you can expect for your budget. Because we work in the wedding industry we want to be honest with you about what you can expect monetarily. By understanding your priorities we can best advise you where you can save and where you want to splurge.
Lie: Coordinator's Opinions Matter
- Although the family is extremely happy with the wedding, one thing I noticed was that Franck always told his opinion of their taste. This is not what we do. We want you to have YOUR day! You should see your ideas and dreams come to a reality.
Truth: We've got this!
- During the whole day, Franck and his team orchestrate and make sure everything is happening smoothly and the family knows what to do. This is our main goal! We want you to be so present and to be able to spend this with your loved ones. The minute something happens we'll be the ones to handle it.
Lie: Your Dad will handle the problems
- Wow, this could not have been more wrong! During the wedding, the Father of the Bride has to handle the horrendous parking situation. This would never be put into the father's hands. Your father needs to be present and we would never want to drag him away from guests or the experiences of his daughter's wedding.
All in all, it's a great and sweet movie that I would totally recommend for you and the girls to watch. We just have to remember, you can't always believe what you see in movies! Feel free to comment below any more movies you want de-bunked!